The International Association for Child Safety has developed the childproofing industry’s first and only professional certification program. It is overseen by the Board of Certification for Professional Childproofers, an independent body formed to develop, implement and monitor this program.
The Certified Professional Childproofer ™ designation recognizes those professionals who have met specific qualifications and criteria, and have proven through testing and client interaction that they possess the broad knowledge and experience required for certification. Tom Treanor (owner) has earned the Advanced Certified Professional Childproofer ™ designation.
To apply for the Advanced CPC designation, the candidate must:
- Have been a professional childproofer for at least three (3) years when applying.
- Have a minimum of a high school diploma or the equivalent.
- Agree to submit to a background check.
- Participate and be in good standing with the IAFCS group insurance program or an equivalent policy to insure general and professional liability insurance coverage for this industry.
- Promise to adhere to the CPC Code of Ethics.
- Submit application and pay associated fees.
To be eligible for the Advanced CPC designation, the candidate must:
- Pass the background check.
- Pass the CPC exam.
- Submit a minimum of 15 verifiable customer references from within the past year.
- Document at least 15 Continuing Education Units.
- Document a minimum of 1600 field hours in the last three (3) years. A candidate may claim a maximum of 100 points of credit towards the required 1600 required points/hours from substitute categories. A maximum of 150 hours are allowed from assessments/home evaluations. An experienced CPC with at least 1600 hours of field experience may earn the A-CPC designation with recertification, along with fulfillment of other program requirements.
- Submit and pass a written report based on one assessment/installation to completion.